Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hebrews 1&2

I love the book of Hebrews! It's so beautifully written. Hebrews 1 tells us that Jesus "is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power."

The author of Hebrews describes how Jesus is the High Priest. He calls us brothers, we share in flesh and blood with Jesus because we are God's children. I think that's amazing. We are sinners but yet Christians are still considered to be kinsmen with Jesus, the Son of God who created the universe.

Jesus became human and suffered when tempted to help those who are tempted. And many times, I forget that we, Christians, are faced with adversity so that we can suffer and become more merciful and graceful to those who are also facing adversity.

I pray that when faced with difficult circumstances, I will ask God not to take away the pain but that I will become more like Jesus. It's really difficult to grow in Christ because it's against my sinful nature. I fail everyday. But God promises to help me, to sanctify me, and I trust that he will carry me through.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home