Saturday, October 1, 2011

Galatians 2: Crucified with Christ

20I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

When reading through Galatians, this verse really made a mark on me. Maybe it's the way Paul phrases it -- "it is no longer I who live..." My life isn't mine but it's God's. He created me and He molded me. Why is it so hard to continue to love God and worship Him? Why does it take discipline and so much effort to continue to abide in Him? Maybe I don't fear God. Rana, I think you wrote about fearing God in your first post. Maybe I don't know what it means to be in awe of someone. I'm taking the Perspectives class and they speak about how people in other nations worship false gods but if you could persuade them that Jesus is the one and only God that created the world, they understand how to worship Jesus.

The US culture doesn't really worship false gods -- I mean we say we worship money, or fame, or power, etc., but we don't know how to worship someone or something and sacrifice ourselves. We "worship" things because we really worship ourselves but we don't really fear ourselves (does this make sense?)

I pray that God will teach me how to fear Him and how to worship Him - so that it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home