Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hebrews 5-7 Growing Towards Maturity

These chapters made me think about maturity.  Some have been going to church for a while, yet - where is the maturity.  When I look at my church and the leadership, I wonder why we are fighting the way we do.  Why isn't prayer the first task?  Why can't we forgive?  The list can go on and on...  It is because for some reason we are listening to sermons but the word doesn't come alive in our lives... It isn't the double-edged sword that is spoken of in Heb 4:12.  There is a disconnect in our lives - somewhere between hearing the Word and actually living the Word.  God calls us to be trained "by constant practice to distinguish good from evil" (Heb 5:14).  Am I allowing myself to be trained?  Am I exercising the words that enter into my ears, into my heart and into my life?

I realize maturity can only happen in the Word of God.  To hear it, obey it and live it.  And it is so exciting that we have perfection in Christ to look forward to.  I have been hungry for so long and I'm so ready to see the living Word in my life..  I'm so excited to be on my way towards perfection in Christ -- that is totally achievable because of Him.  Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home